Saturday 7 February 2015

Knit night at the museum

On Thursday evening we decided to take our knit night on the road. Hope (who does a lot of fantastic work with the Uni and engaging people in what's going on) invited us to come knit at the D'arcy Thompson museum. So off we bundled on Thursday, down to the uni, through the maze that is the campus (I'm an Abertay girl, we had one building!)  in through a magical staircase, and then down to the basement where we were greeted with a giant hippo skull. I arrived slightly later than everyone else and I was so happy to see a fantastic turn out! Thank you everyone who made the trip down, you guys are all so awesome and I love that you are my knit night crew! I had so much fun running around the museum taking photos of the exhibits ( my inner art school student bust through the door with confetti and glitter)
I was actually taking photos with the intention of using them alongside Knitsoniks new (ish) book. which is about turning everyday things into colour work. This totally appeals to my inner art child, so hopefully once i have had a good read of the book i can jump into some spider crab writsties!
So yeah, I will indulge you in my photos and if you get the chance, please please please visit this fantastic museum. visit the website for opening times.



IMG_5012

IMG_5151

IMG_5161

IMG_5158


IMG_5155

IMG_5136

IMG_5131

IMG_5094

IMG_5084

IMG_5052

IMG_5039

IMG_5032

IMG_5030

IMG_5024

IMG_5019

IMG_5139

No comments:

Post a Comment