Thursday 11 December 2014

Gifts for knitters...that isn't yarn!

buttons

Hello blog, long time no speak! I had lost my blogging mojo for a while there, but I feel I have wrangled it back. so I'm sorry for being on a hiatus! anyway...on with the show!

So over the past week quite a few folks have been in looking for gifts for mums, partners, friends whom are all knitters, and the feeling I get is that they get a little overwhelmed with all the yarn, not being knitters or crocheters themselves they don't know where to start. So instead of me saying OMG the West Yorkshire spinners is amazing, or mmmm the drops alpaca is so soft, i have decided to do a wee series of things in the shop that would be a well received gift for any yarny fan...that isn't yarn.

So today's pick is the gorgeous hand made, right here in Dundee, ceramic and stoneware buttons. Not to gush too much but I love these buttons, Laurence does an amazing job using old pieces of lace to put texture onto some of the buttons. These would look fab on a cowl, or as a finishing touch on a hat, or as a eclectic mix of buttons on a cardigan. A fantastic stocking stuffer at only £4 per card of buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment