Monday 11 November 2013

The beginning of something yarny


Well hello yarny lovers. Welcome to the blog for Fluph (say it fluff, I just like the weird spelling). Lets do formal introductions shall we. My name is Leona-Jayne (Leona is completely fine, unless my Dad is kicking about). I am a self confessed yarn snob and knit-aholic. It has been my dream for a good long time now to open and run my own Yarn shop in Dundee. AND NOW I AM DOING IT! squee. I started knitting in the third year of my first degree (yeah yeah, I have two) as a form of therapy and I have never looked back. I am self taught so sometimes I do really strange things, or try things you're probably not meant to do, but hey where's the fun in being able to do this awesome craft if you cant experiment! Try it and see what happens is my motto. So anyway, about four years ago i was getting really fed up with the lack of choice in Dundee for that smooshy yarn that i was always craving after, or not being able to get the correct sized needles, or even just have somewhere to hang out and knit. I mean there is always online but i want to feel (and smell) the yarn. There are some excellent shops out-with Dundee, but they are a fair trek away and I'm a very 'I want it now' kind of girl! 
So that brings us to now, I am opening my own yarn store , so scary, I have the business plan, i have the suppliers, i have the pinterest board for decoration ideas, my funding is in place, I even have a till, all i am waiting on is the lease dropping through my letter box and then me getting a key! 

My plan for this blog is to keep everyone up to date with what's going on, and what I am up to in regards to Fluph, so you can all hold me accountable if I'm being lazy.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats Leona, will look forward to visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I cant wait to be open. I will have the kettle on ready!

      Delete
  2. So excited for you...and for me, luuuvvvve yarn <3 Good Luck with the venture, hope it all comes together smoothly ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAY YARN!!!! i cant wait until it all starts arriving in giant boxes! Thank you loads much.

      Delete